Challenge 9: Metallic

© All images are copyright of their original authors

This is a friendly forum for members to upload their images (via PhotoEntry) for peer review and constructive and courteous feedback by members

Posted images for peer review and comment only
Images will be eligible for entry into one future Top of Club and one Annual club competition

Gallery

Click on a thumbnail to see original image

Comments

Please add your constructive and courteous feedback on the images in comments below:

1. Bob’s, Tony’s and Susi’s all get my vote, can’t split them. But well done to everyone for doing this, I…

2. Well done to everyone who captured real rainbows, and also for the creative alternatives. Top marks to Ian’s entry, what…

3. Another great set of photos. I like David’s and Tony’s for the great locations, and Ian’s flowers for their originality.…

4. Ians image really stands out, a clever idea. I also like Brendas and Davids rainbow.

5. Thanks Sharon, June, and Mary! 😀 It didn’t take that long, finding the right colour plants and then selecting the…

11 comments on “Challenge 9: Metallic”

1. Mary Nash says:

Well done everyone – a great set of images. David’s Metallic skyline stands out, and makes me want to try it myself. I need to find out how to drop in a sky… time for a tutorial I think. The other images are also very creative in different ways, great lighting making them have shape and form. They all fit the topic title – apologies for not getting mine in on time this week. I will try harder for next week!!

1. wp_woo says:

As the challenges are not a formal competition if you have an image you’d like to upload let me know and I’ll arrange it with you, as long as I don’t get inundated with late entries😉 and only for the previous challenge too!

1. Mary Nash says:

Thanks for the offer – I did send you one via email a couple of hours after the closing time, knowing I was late – I can resend if it did not arrive.

1. wp_woo says:

I’ve uploaded it now, sorry for delay I only just saw your comment and e-mail with the attachment

1. Mary Nash says:

No worries – thanks Ian, you are doing a great job. I should have got it in on time – I have now adjusted my personal 365 so that I am starting the challenge topic the week before – to make sure I have something to share in time!

2. June Hanson says:

Very creative image from David Huber, like those metal nuts and bolts, artificial sky and also clever reflection. Wonder if it is modelled on a particular city? Also like Susi’s leopard, great subtle depth of field and Arthur’s Cube for the range of colours. I had a few shiny metal images but tried something different. My metallic tulip was created with “Stylise” set of filters in Photoshop, tried different combinations of “Find Edges”, and “Emboss”, and then some subtle colour warm ups in Picasa, as Photoshop’s were a bit too intense.

3. Nigel Hoult says:

They’re all good but David’s skyline is my favourite too – well done!

4. Anne says:

you are all so creative! Top marks to David.I wonder how many times they fell over, or maybe you used a bit of bluetac?

5. Janet says:

Davids image very creative with the reflection as well. Had to look twice as so realistic for a city skyline.Well done.

6. Nagui Atallah says:

I am most impressed with ” Metallic skyline” Very clever idea, well constructed and composed. Well done David.

1. Ian B says:

I have to agree with Nagui, well done David a very clever and striking image!